Buster Posey Swing Analysis:
Please click on the links below to see the videos of some of the best professional swings in the game.
*Note: These files are large and make take a couple minutes to download.
- Bryce Harper (My favorite swing in the game now. Best use of lower body that I've seen. Very close to Babe Ruth's lower body)
- Mike Trout (HR swing)
- Justin Upton (HR Swing)
- Miguel Cabrera (Cool '3D' bat path tracker. Inside pitch- notice how his hands come across his body to clear themselves to allow the barrel to get to the pitch)
- Albert Pujols (HR Derby- swinging a little more 'up' than normal)
- Todd Helton (Notice how he is ahead of this pitch, but since he stays palm up palm down so long and extends so well, he can still drive it out of the park)
- Joe Mauer (Amazing extension with his hands/arms)
- Russell Martin (Great use of lower body)
- Jose Bautista (Notice how he is fooled and a little out in front of this pitch, but he maintains a stiff front leg to still generate power)
- Yadier Molina (Great use of lower body and great extension through the ball. A little too much upper cut on the swing)